Thursday, January 27, 2011

In Memory of Miles Vaughan

I just received word this morning that one of my best friends, Miles Vaughan, shot himself last night, at his home in Crescent City, CA.

I am at a complete loss for words, and in such shock.  I only know that it's going to be a painful road of recovery.

I wish I could have moved to Arcata sooner, moved in together like we always talked about, and pulled him out of that shit-hole of a city that was clearly related to him ending his life.

I plead with you, if you are considering suicide, it is not the answer.  People love you more than you know, and are only a phone call, a message, or an email away that want to talk to you and help you get through tough times.  If you need someone to talk to, do not hesitate to contact me, I would be happy to try and help.






Before a surf in norcal, doing what he loved most.
I love you and will miss you bro




Better times



Baja, Mexico






7 comments:

  1. Man, sorry for your loss. Hope you are doing good my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm hanging in. Tried calling you, KIT, let me know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just reading this posting now. I haven't been on Blogger for a long while. I am so so sorry to hear about your loss. It is always so sad and shocking when someone we love dies. No matter their age, no matter the circumstance - it is always so sad. I'm sure he knew how much you cared about him. My thoughts are with you and his friends and his family. I hope you are doing well Dev. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miles was a good friend of Mine too.....Such a horrible loss, he truly was a great person and musician. I was in Utah visiting when I found out, I too hated the feeling of being so far away when it happened...We will all miss him dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate the responses. It's too bad that google doesn't inform me when people reply to my posts, but it's nice to suddenly come across them and have supporting messages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still in shock over this. I served with Miles. He was like a mentor to me, someone I looked up to. He is proof that our post war followup sucks for veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting. The shock has yet to pass for me as well. He was such a good person, friend... makes it all the more difficult to deal with the loss.

    ReplyDelete