Friday, February 17, 2012

Media

My new trailer with custom fabricated surf rack




My second to last meal in the states.  Azam cooked an AMAZING soup, complete with lavash, salad, all the fixins



Walking to camp at the beach one last time



Last night in the U.S. with Tim

T.J.

Been here before, ending my coast trip.  Just about to cross the border, but trying to find someone to unlock the gate

Last view of San Diego

First Mexican meal of the trip

Tasty Mexican beer


Hanging with the crew into the wee hours

Made of cardboard, cool




So many good waves I passed up...



Stacks, had quite a few great surf sesssions with Miles back in the day here




Valdo, a Brazilian cyclist biking from S America to N America, literally died on his bicycle from a heart attack, close to Guerrero Negro.

An apartment to myself



Rough roads sometimes, but not too long at least


Good thing it wasn't a rattler, nearly stepped on him


No shoulder much of the roads

Nice camp spot some people who owned the land let me stay at




Cactus farms - that's a first

Guys at the military check points have a sense of humor



Colonet

Muddy orchard


Agave

Good roads with little traffic = happy cyclist (no shoulder again of course)




Nice way to end a day of biking









European after he crashed, we're waiting for help



Long day climbing hills



Some strange flora/fauna I've never seen in Mexico


This is what I always pictured baja to be like

HOT day to cycle, gotta stay hydrated but still got a headache


First cyclists I've seen south of the border

Hiro, he actually sold me his trailer in San Diego.  What are the chances I would see him weeks later in the middle of the desert?

Brilliant desert boulder field with cactus.  The picture doesn't do it justice at all...

Second group of cyclists, we all camped together later that night






Lot of times I get my water from these filters in the stores

Lot o bikes



Oasis camping





Land and Erica pulled over to see if I needed water.  That's when I know I'm in a desolate stretch. (thanks!)

The turn off for surf, yes!

Crazy headwind all the way to the point


Hanging out with Sergio and Nacha before he gave me a ride to the point across the dirt


Allen and Wyatt




Sunrise


Wow, good surf

Explored the coast north in Gabe's truck





Of course the morning I left, the surf turned on.  Really on



Instead of bears on the side of the road, now there's bulls


Osprey nest

Kind people



Half-way down baja


Cozy hotel room

Big problem after it rains, roads get so muddy

My room upstairs




No comments:

Post a Comment