Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Media



For 50 pesos (about 4 bucks) I get my clothes washed, dried, and folded.  Yeah, that's great

There's businesses that sell just purified water

Ressel, putting new bearings in my trailer wheel.  Great guy, gracias amigo!

"Ressel's"


The tallest mountain in Baja - close to 7,000ft
Ron and Anna, and their cozy vacation spot
Didn't think I'd see this again any time soon
Turns out this is a spoof on the song (not actual place), but people still flock to see it
Morning of surf exploration with Ron
Loads of farm land around Todos Santos

JP and Carol lee on left, Ron and Anna on the right

Ron and Anna's dogs.  They don't have email, so I can't send it to 'em, but hopefully they'll still get this picture somehow.


The road to Pedrito - past the rock quarry...

Down a lengthy dirt road...

Squeeze between the wall and bushes (there was an easier exit when I left)

Then you strike gold, and nobody out

Whales close to shore

My own half-palapa

Evening surf. Thanks  for the pics Ron! They caught me just as I was waxing my board to head out



Avoiding the rocks

Around the corner, for the next section





Went to get some tacos with Wyatt and Meme, then suddenly a bunch of other people came in that knew each other.  Had the place to ourselves and had dinner together.  The waiter/owner Felipe (standing), said I"m the "mensajero de la paz" - the messenger of peace on my trip.

The morning was hollow, and only couple guys out.  I lagged and missed barrels like these

Cleaning up some of the urchins from the rocks, and having fresh uni for lunch

Wyatt's Baja rig

Relaxing in the shade.  Huge palapa shared with some other people, later we had to ourselves... at no cost.

Wyatt and his gangster stance


To Cabo, before the mayhem

Imagine riding on this?  Just around the few corners was the long-dusty-terrible hill

I wondered how Mexico generates power, here I found one.  This looks like a oil fed gas turbine

View of Cabo, and looking South from Baja

Riding around Cabo San Lucas

"Land's End" and the tip of the Baja peninsula


View from JP and Carol lee's room

Fancy steak/lobster dinner.  JP and Carol lee next to me (thanks!), and couple other hotel guests. (The waiter is making bananas flambe - I never had before)



Breakfast with Jorge and his kids: tasty chicken mole with rice

Cabo San Lucas

Looking out over "Zipper's"
Tio, Roy, Sarah, Alex with their massive storage space behind them, and the shaping/glassing area to the right.
Night on the town with Sarah and her friends

With all the broken bones and other injuries, I've become quite good at mind-surfing... but NOTHING compared to the real thing.  Zipper's, a fast, punchy looking wave.

Sunset over San Jose
Chillin with the crew
Tio fixing a stick

Where the magic happens


My first Mexican cine experience

View of the Pacific from my room
View from the house
Awesome room Alex let me use

Alex's beautiful home that he built
Hanging at the shop, surfing the only thing I can: the net







No comments:

Post a Comment