Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Special Delivery

I continue to have serious problems with the mail system of Latin America.  I suppose because I don't entirely understand it.

My Uncle Don sent me a package of "just the essentials" as he described it: a chain, bike tubes, chain oil, but really important were the cotter pins for my trailer that connect to my bike.  I have been dealing with serious rattling noise since Guadalajara, whenever I hit a bump.  I was hoping the new pins would solve the problem (I've been using replicates made from spokes that my friend Bernardo made for me in GDL).

I should have put my friend Andre's name on the package, because when the mailman tried to deliver the package, he asked for ID, and I hadn't arrived yet.  Because the package was sent express, they only hold onto it for 7 days, and when I arrived a couple days later and went to the post office to get it; they told me it was already resent back to the sender.

Thanks anyway Don!

No comments:

Post a Comment