Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Entregas Especial

Although I've been having some issues with my tent, my friend Peter from back home has been very supportive with all the problems I've experienced.  He's sent me packages for new parts several times.  This time, I got a new version of the tent I've had.  It isn't a new version with all the fixes, but at least it has no holes and will hopefully hold up for the remaining stretch of the trip.  Thanks again Peter.



Testing it out, and sealing the seam on the bivy which leaked on the other.

I had a decent rain jacket that I used from Alaska all the way to Central America.  If you remember, I fell in tar on the road in the rain and everything I was wearing, including my rain jacket, was ruined.  My Mom brought an old rain jacket with her when she came to visit me in Panama, but the jacket was bulky, heavy, and not of good quality.  This jacket was ruined anyway in the accident when the microbus hit me.  With the gamble and possibility of not being able to find anything in Quito (there's nothing in Popayan of course), she sent me a new one.  It took more than a month to arrive, and I was getting quite nervous that it was "lost in the mail".  It arrived in perfect time.  She sent a very nice quality Goretex jacket (again like many other things, something I should have started the trip with).  Now I have more confidence for more of the cold rain I will have to endure through the mountains of Peru, and possibility more snow I will encounter by the time I get to Patagonia.  My mother is the best.



Bring your best, in-climate weather


















No comments:

Post a Comment