Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Mighty Steed



Didn't have any pictures up here, and the first, I figure, has to be my bike, so here's a shot of the Novara I'll be riding.


Got a lot done on Sunday.  Cut a piece of 3ml polyethylene plastic as a ground cover for the tent.  From the rest of the plastic sheet I cut a piece as a cover for the bike in case of serious pouring rain.  Finished working on the truck, putting in a new electronic pressure gauge and sender to diagnose the fuel delivery problem I've been experiencing.  Tried patching the front tube that went flat on Saturday but realized I put the patch upside-down ( :X ) , so I'll have to try it again...

Have a guy coming to look at the motorcycle today, selling that to get money for the trip.  Ordered front bike rack and bags.  Forgot to mention rode with the new seat on Saturday, and definitely felt a lot better. 

Only a couple weeks out and as excited as ever.  Feeling more frantic though as I'm scrambling to get things in order.  I know I'll get everything done, just have to make sure it's accomplished ahead of time (tough since I'm Mr. procrastinator!).

No comments:

Post a Comment