Monday, October 10, 2011

Media

At Todd's shop the day I left Bozeman




Hand-delivery

Washboard, but a good view

Old times




Yellowstone Valley

My new kickstand, thanks Todd!

I love camping by rivers


Mmmm Gnocci

Awesome repair job on one of my pannier straps, thanks Amy!


Amy mentioned that they are now slaughtering the buffalo if they try to leave the park - which a lot do every fall when the try to get to lower elevations where it's warmer...




First time I had been to a natural hot spring, what a treat 

Thanks Marty and Frank!


After a long climb up from the valley, and still more to go

Windy section I had to go through before reaching the final pass 

Obsidian

Panting buffalo



Smells great, just like gunpowder

The Earth is alive, belching and burping water, spewing steam. 



Boiling mud pit, would hate to fall in there

Riding with Vim to camp


Surprised they haven't pushed for geothermal power up there





Old faithful

Cycling buddies: Matt, Erin, Wim

1 Pass

2 Pass

3 pass, go!  

It's so amazing to me how spontaneous cycle touring can be.  I met all of these people within 24 hours (actually met Aart and Heddit back in Canada before crossing the border).



Aart's riding A to A also

Dan and Ross up front from Portland






Just another frosty morning






The Tetons




Thunder-head







One of my favorite signs

Had to stand among a crowd of tourists to get this

Fire from a lightning strike




The dry slopes of Jackson


Eagle's nest

Lot's of great art on signs, this one's metal


Breakfast with the trees of fire

Eagle




Another long crawl up a mountain pass



Cold days




Riding along east- Bear lake just before camping

Woke up to this in the morning, and still dumping

After packing everything, and biking ~12 miles through a blizzard.  Ellen here took me in to warm up for a bit, and so I could figure out what I was going to do. Thanks again!

My cozy cabin.

Still snowing, all day

After a hot shower, some breakfast, warmed up and watched some TV for once

Lucky hung outside most of the day, and waited for me to come out.

Back on the road after an actual "rest day", of sitting around getting fat and happy


The mountains looks different now



Bear Lake


Frigidly cold day of riding, again...


Over the pass, and into the blizzard of sleet

Back below the snow-line things warmed up... a little

Apple tree, couldn't pass up

Max, my host in Logan, thanks bud!



The Salt Lake

I thought these looked like fudge brownies dusted with powdered sugar

Cool

Back to the urban sprawl






Mountain biking, third time on this trip = excellent

Michael and Tanya

It's great riding in the dirt

SLC

Two of the four dogs at Mike and Tanya's.  Kiwi's eyes are intense.

















No comments:

Post a Comment