Monday, October 31, 2011

West-Bound Towards Home

Well I'm going on four months now of traveling and over 4,000 miles. Its strange traveling west for the remainig time to san diego. I have ridden south, south-east, and even north-east towards Tok... but never west. As I near home I have mixed emotions. On one hand, it will be a joyous time to see friends and family, surf, relax, etc. On the other, I'm not looking forward to city congestion, and urban life.

I had such a great time in Moab, spending more time there than any other town since anchorage. Unfortunately I lost my chargers to everything: camera, iPod, mp3 player. Hopefully I will be able to take some pictures with my iPod until i get back to San Diego.

I was able to use a computer for a limited amount of time to upload my pictures at least. With my iPod battery fading quick, I have only enough time to jot down these quick thoughts. Once I find another computer, I will update with a more thorough story and more pictures as well as some videos.

I spent Halloween weekend in flagstaff, and am back on the road today. I'll be passing through Sedona, Prescott, and finally down into the warm deserts where my worry of snow will vanish. I'll bike to the salton sea and the town of niland (via 10), where I'll check out the famous slab city. A friend is planning on meeting me in the slabs, I'll spend a couple days there probably, then head towards the town of ocotillo and camp at a spot that my dad, uncles, and I, have camped at since I was a child. I'll take the more scenic route up s2 stopping at some hot springs and the famous town for apple pies, then finally arriving in my home town for some much needed TLC and enjoy seeing all the familiar faces.

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Devin on your travels, hope you find some free golf in South America.

    MB
    Slab City, Ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike, great round of golf with ya, thanks! I hope so too, haha.

    Hope the holidays are treating you well.

    ReplyDelete